RSS
"If it's a good movie, the sound could go off and the audience would still have a perfectly clear idea of what was going on." Alfred Hitchcock

Avatar...wait another "we hate America" movie? Surprise, Surprise


Avatar: A movie that, in theory, sounds great. The special features are so amazing you would think that such a crazy world did exist. However, while the special features were great, I found myself almost completely bored with the story...I couldn't help but laugh during the Avatar 'sex' scene and wanted to cry when about 20 minutes into the movie I realized that there was still 2 hours and 20 minutes to go. Now perhaps I am not the best person to review this movie, seeing as I am not a huge sci fi fan but I feel that there is something to be said for my opinion...maybe cause I am the only one who didn't think that it was AMAZING.
So even though I stand alone in my opinion of Avatar, I will still stand. Not to sound too cliche. I also believe that a lot of the way that I saw the movie has to do with the fact that people said it was so AMAZING and couldn't stop raving about it. This may have swayed my views because I went in there expecting something more than it was. This almost three hour movie left me seriously wanting...
There was some pretty good acting but it didn't make up for the OBVIOUS agenda. (Thanks Hollywood) This was a definite anti-American, 'we hate the military', 'save the planet', 'Americans killed the Indians and stole their land' flick. There was no mistaking that. My boyfriend had to tell me to shut up half the time because I kept sighing loudly when there was a dilapidated argument about how America sucks. I am SO tired of Hollywood and their agenda movies...can't we just have a fun movie to watch that has nothing to do with saving the planet or spiting on American history?
I will commend this movie for its great special effects and the strides that Cameron has made with this film, but I can't lie and say that I loved it...cause all it did was leave me feeling frustrated with how much people hate the country they are LIVING in. If you don't like America then GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! :) That's all I have to say about that... so peace!
But Avatar...good graphics...stupid, boring story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Motion Picture Happiness. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy